Whether you're a parent who's taking your kids to school or you're a student driving yourself to class, the beginning of the back-to-school season can be intense. Operating a vehicle amid heavy traffic can be frightening for some, so it is vital to prepare yourself for the unexpected. From adjusting to a new schedule, packing your lunch, and figuring out your morning/afternoon routines, car problems should be the least of your worries. Here are the essential things we recommend bringing with you in your car to have on hand throughout the learning semester:
- Jumper Cables - Jumper cables are an essential item for all motorists. These yellow and red cables will come in handy if you find yourself with a drained battery.
- First Aid Kit - If you or your kids experience a minor injury, you'll be grateful to have a first aid kit in your car. A band-aid will surely make their boo-boo go away.
- Emergency Phone Numbers - It is imperative to have a list of phone numbers such as towing services, auto repair shops, and another point of contact on hand if you encounter an emergency, vehicle breakdown, or collision.
- Phone Charger - You're going to need a charged phone to be able to make contact with your emergency numbers. Always pack a charger with you to ensure your phone doesn't run out of battery.
- Non-Perishable Food and Water - We all know children (and sometimes adults) can get a little rowdy when they're hungry. It is also great to have a pick-me-up on hand for you and your kids whenever they get picked up from school!
- Seasonal Items - Though it doesn't get cold enough for snow in Gainesville, FL, you should still prepare for rainy and chilly days. We suggest you bring extra sweaters, jackets, and umbrellas around if the weather doesn't go as expected.
We guarantee that this list of essential back-to-school car items will make your commutes more seamless. If you require any automotive maintenance or repairs before the back-to-school season initiates, please give Advanced Auto Care Center Florida a call or visit!