You can cool down and get a chore done this summer with an at-home car wash. Washing your vehicle at home may seem as easy as grabbing a soap, bucket, and rag, but there are some things you should know beforehand. Read on to learn how you can nail your at-home car wash.
- Pick the right soap - The old-school method of car washes is grabbing dish soap. However, most people don’t know that dish detergent can damage your car paint. Instead, we recommend ditching the strong chemicals and opting for a car soap that is safe on car paint.
- Use a microfiber cloth - Using a household towel or old t-shirt may seem fine, but some materials can be overly abrasive. Microfiber cloths are softer and more absorbent, which will make the cleaning job easier.
- Don’t forget the inside - An effective car wash isn’t complete if you don’t clean out the inside. Make sure you get rid of the junk and vacuum the carpet and seats.
- Grab two buckets - The two bucket method has proven to be effective in all ways. One can be dirty, while the other can be kept clean. This prevents you from smothering dirty around.
- Shine your glass and mirrors - Your car’s glass and mirrored surfaces can develop smudges over time that a wash may not completely get rid of. We recommend going over them with glass cleaner to have a sparkling and spotless finish.
We hope some of these tips help you on your next car wash. If you need help with your auto services and repairs, look no further than Advanced Auto Care Center Florida. Please call or use our online form to schedule your appointment today.